Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sept 11 - Sept 16

So, life has a habit of getting in the way.  I'm going to try to catch up now though.

Sept 11 ~ Capture the changing season with a photos.
               Well, I would love to do that, but that doesn't work here in Southern Arizona.  We still have at least a month before we can even think about the leaves turning.  About the only thing fall going on here is the bugs trying to get inside to stay warm for winter since the temps are starting to get cooler (low 80's during the day).

Sept 12 ~ Share a list of free activities in your area
               I would love to do this too, but again, it just doesn't work, plus I don't want to pinpoint exactly where I live.  The closest apple orchard/pick your own pumpkin/corn maze is over an hour away.  Most everything else around here cost money.

Sept 13 ~ What music have you been listening to lately
                For my birthday, DH got me a year subscription to Sirius radio.  It's wonderful to have since we have a country station, older music station or Mexican stations (yes, I'm that close to the border).  I mainly listen to the country, metal (Ozzy's Boneyard), 80's or 90's. 

Sept 14 ~ Share a DIY tutorial for a cozy fall craft
                This is not me.  Right now I'm not crafty at all.  My form of DIY is go to store and buy it and be done.

Sept 15 ~ What books do you want to read before the year is over?
               This is a hard one for me.  I'm currently reading Lord of the Rings.  I'm still on the first book of the first book (those who have read it will understand).  I'm planning on ready Magnus Chase when it comes out in a couple of weeks though so my daughter can then steal my copy of it.

Sept 16 ~ Share a recipe using lost of fresh fall produce from the farmer's market
            Ah, I'm not the greatest at this either right now.  Probably my most favorite thing is just a veggie bake in the oven.  Chop up cabbage, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, and whatever other veggies you have (I like parsnips).  Place in 9x13 cake pan (you need the sides) and sprinkle with Molly McButter and what other seasonings you like (Italian is a good one to start with if your not use to spices).  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour.  Check veggies to make sure they are soft.  If so, serve.  I like to mix leftovers with scrambled eggs for a healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment